Bullying No Way
It is so important that students learn about bullying at an early age. They need to learn what bullying is and how to respond to it. For children under eight, there is an app called the Allen Adventure for both iOs and Androids. The students will watch the video, play the game and complete the activities.
- Be able to be good citizens.
- Understand what bullying is.
- Be able to respect others.
- Bullying: Bullying is using superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone).
- Respect: Respect is a feeling of deep admiration for someone.
- See Accommodations Page and Charts on the 21things4students.net site in the Teacher Resources.
- The teacher will introduce bullying to the students.
- The teacher will show the Allen Adventure to the students.
- The teacher will decide what lesson and activities to use with the students.
- The students may:
- Play the game on a mobile device
- Learn to sing the songs
- Read the booklets
- Draw themselves into the postcards
- Color in the coloring pages
- Check for understanding
- Create rubrics based on the lesson plans and activities that are done with the students.
2A. Students cultivate and manage their digital identity and reputation and are aware of the permanence of their actions in the digital world.
2b. Students engage in positive, safe, legal and ethical behavior when using technology, including social interactions online or when using networked devices.
2c. Students demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the rights and obligations of using and sharing intellectual property.
2d. Students manage their personal data to maintain digital privacy and security and are aware of data-collection technology used to track their navigation online.
MITECS: Michigan adopted the "ISTE Standards for Students" called MITECS (Michigan Integrated Technology Competencies for Students) in 2018.
Devices and Resources
CONTENT AREA RESOURCES
The students will write a short story about helping others that are being bullied.
The students will draw and color the postcards.
This task card was created by Melissa White, 21Things Project Manager, REMC Association of Michigan, April 2018.