About the REMC Association
MISSION AND BELIEFS
The REMC Association of Michigan believes that it must provide proactive leadership to the Michigan educational community by participating with other organizations in building a vision that supports quality teaching and learning and provides equity to Michigan's pre-K-12 students.
The REMC Association of Michigan will accomplish this within the framework of the following principles:
- Improve learning for all students.
- Support constituents and improve teaching and learning statewide through future-focused collaboration, leadership and service.
- Empower teachers to create high quality, engaging instructional environments when they have access to the necessary skills, tools and rich sources of information.
- Provide effective cost savings through statewide cooperative purchasing, which allows local resources to be reallocated to enhance teaching and learning.
- Advance statewide connectivity through delivery systems and infrastructure.
EXECUTIVE BOARD, 2018-19
Tina Tribu, REMC 12W, President
Andy Mann, REMC 4, President-Elect
Ron Houtman, REMC 8, Past President
Melinda Waffle, REMC 12E, Secretary
Steve Schmunk, REMC 21, Treasurer
Laura Cummings, REMC 17, Member-at-Large
Sue Schwartz, Executive Director